Monday, February 22, 2010

31 Weeks

Everything looks good. I gained 1 pound since last visit so my weight is 156 (20 pounds total). I am measuring at 31 weeks, which is a week earlier than expected. The babies heart rate was at 160 so the midwife said that she was excited about something then kicked her several times when she tried to measure my stomach. It was pretty funny!

Now comes the time when John will have to do more housework and cooking. Since I have been swelling I am going to try to stay off of my feet as much as possible in the evenings and weekends. This past weekend taught me a lesson. I was so swollen Saturday night and all day Sunday. The swelling didn't go down until Monday morning. It is pretty scary when your legs feel like they are being squeezed by 1,000 rubber bands and your toes look blue.

Peaches did give me a pedicure and she rubbed my legs and feet then put lotion on them. It felt pretty good. She then painted my nails. Of course I had to give her .50 for doing it but it was sooo worth it.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

its so nice to have a pedicurist in your own home :o)
tell John let's get this baby named!!!! ( I need a decision before your shower please)

El Rakeman said...

It's not me holding up the name train!

lrtexrob said...

Pretty sure it will be Emory Grey Roberts. Emory spelled just like that so no one misspells her name.