You know how sometimes you get those weeks where it's non-stop, all day, come home and pass out in front of the TV? That's what this week has been for me...let's all take a look at El.Rakeman's week and start playing our violins (I'd prefer fiddles...Charlie Daniels plays a mean one!):
Monday: Peaches and Laura have doctor's appointments. I went (took) Peaches to hers, missed Laura's. Luckily it was in the afternoon. While I'm at work, I get a bunch of cases in and get them started.
Tuesday: I go to court in Lancaster. I have to be there at 2pm...don't get on the stand until about 4. Don't get home until 7. I had been at work since 7:40. When I get back to the office, I notice that there's a note on my desk saying my cases are ready to run, and by the way there's a rush suspected suicide/homicide/whatever-cide on the back end of the run.
Wednesday: Vehicle day at Peaches school. This is where they (the school) have a bunch of different vehicles show up for display and explanation. There were fire trucks, ambulances, at least two police cars (including mine), a dump truck, a drag racing Mustang and some kind of mobile pet care deal. I spent two hours trying to yell over the dump truck behind me and the drag racer in front. Everytime he started his car, I leaned in mine and hit the siren. Kids know awesome when they see it. I get to work and start pulling data off my instruments. And I realize the rush case I got last week is going to require more work. Like, into next week kind of work.
Thursday: Pull another run off from last night. Now I have this stack of cases that need written up. And I got one rush on another instrument that'll hopefully be done Friday. On the good side, my boss had to light up some black powder, smokeless powder and black powder substitute for a demonstration, so I got to sniff some burned explosives....you have to enjoy the little things.
Friday: Career speaker day at Peaches school. Three rotations of 30 students. I enjoy talking about work, so this is no stretch. It just puts me at work around 11am. Who says state employees don't work?
I have gotten in two really good workouts...Monday and Wednesday. I've got my bench press up to 210 pounds as a workout weight...3 sets of 1 is still a workout (especially when you've done 6 sets beforehand!)! Saturday I'm helping someone move and the carpet cleaning people are coming...Sunday is ward conference and the last day to get home teaching in. Man, I can't wait for Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment