Saturday, April 11, 2009

What do the girls do while daddy is away?

Go shopping, eat out and go to the movies of course. Peaches and I spent yesterday shopping and today we went to see Hannah Montana The Movie. It was actually very good and I even teared up at one point. Peaches had her hands in the air rocking out to the music. I kept trying to put her hands down and she would just raise them higher. She sang the words to the songs she knew. Let me rephrase that, she sang "her words" to the songs she knew. The best part of the movie was that it was only 1 1/2 hours long.
On another note............
It is now 7:40 PM and I just put Easter cupcakes in the oven. I guess I will be up until 9 PM frosting and decorating them because I have a feeling that "someone" will be passed out by then. Peaches was inspired by the cupcakes at the primary activity so of course we had to go to two different stores to buy all of the ingredients (that's what I get for trying to take the easy way out and getting the mix at Walgreen's.........they had the mix but I wasn't spending $3.00 on chocolate frosting). So off to Bi-lo we went and picked up coconut and vanilla frosting. I should have gone there in the first place.
I am totally exhausted and I am only on day 2 of being a single parent. I have 6 more days to go. I sure hope the week goes by fast. I am running out of ideas and I can only play so many games of Uno or Old Maid.

3 comments:

El Rakeman said...

Television is your friend! Drew and I played soccer for at least an hour last night...I have the grass stains on my jeans to prove it. I got some good pics, and even a video of the balls in the tree.

Coordination Queen said...

We always get a couple of special movies and have a night in. I set up blankets on the floor and we use the big floor pillows, eat popcorn & watch movies. Or this last week we had inside picnics since it was a little chilly outside for that.

Mary Beth said...

i'm going to see HM on friday! :o) I asked one of my flowergirls to go with me because no one else would go. I should've thought to ask Peaches, but I'm sure she wouldn't have waited until this friday! ;o)