Monday, April 27, 2009

What are weekends for?

It seems here lately that I am obsessed with fixing, repairing, painting, organizing and cleaning everything. This past weekend we worked ourselves silly in the house and at Church. On Saturday morning we cleaned the building which took about 3 hours, then came home and put in 2 more closet kits in Peaches room. For some strange reason her bedroom is the smallest but has 2 big closets (go figure). I then had to reorganize and clean her closets and bedroom. I also painted a bookshelf that really didn't need painting as John likes to point out. It had some nail polish stains and chips so it looked rough.....besides it only cost me $2 for the paint so what the heck. I then had a friend come over to give me an estimate on painting Peaches room (which will be done on the 15th of May while John is at Bike week). My next project will be the bathroom remodel then the kitchen. If you know me at all, I HATE to paint so I pay someone else to do it. I also HATE to sweat so I pay someone else to do that too. I am obsessive, compulsive about my house and just about anything else in my life. I like to be organized and scheduled and it drives me nuts when my routine gets out of whack. Anyway, I pretty much have my Saturdays planned out for the next year until I complete my projects. I found out that the best time to do them is when John is away :)

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Where do you find someone to sweat for you? I need to hire one of those... :)

Mary Beth said...

I love reorganizing things - sometimes I organize things that are already organized, just to do it.