Friday, April 17, 2009

Very Fortunate

I just wanted to say that I am very fortunate to have a wonderful family, career and friends. I am grateful for my sometimes mundane, ordinary life. I used to think that my life was boring and that I didn't have excitement and drama. After visiting a family today that is really struggling, struggling just to get by each day, not knowing what tomorrow will bring; I realized how blessed I was. I left their house feeling guilty that I was free to go home and rest, free to go grocery shopping and not have to worry about picking up a gallon of ice cream or two or five and feeling guilty that my bills were paid on time (and sometimes paying more on that car payment just because). I felt helpless that I couldn't do more to help them. This experience has made me want to help others more, give my time more freely and not be selfish. I was humbled by this experience today and grateful that I made a small difference in this families life.

No comments: