I'm hijacking the blog for a movie review.
Now most of you know that L and I were both children of the 80s...more or less. We both love 80s music, laughing at 80s fashion and half of us love 80s TV shows. Miami Vice, Magnum PI, MacGyver and The A-Team were must see TV for me and my brothers back in the 80s. Given that we only had 3 channels to choose from (no Fox yet), we did pretty good for choices.
I went to see the A-Team yesterday. Why, yes, it was awesome. But first, a few disclaimers. It's not for young kids...say 10 or so and younger. There's a bit of language (that's why it's PG-13), and some of the action is kinda intense. Not as bad as Transformers (which was stretching the whole PG-13 thing as far as it could stretch!), but still... Be prepared to suspend your beliefs in the following: physics, military tactics, politics (a little), coincidence and the ability of one person to plan for all contingencies. But if you couldn't do that, you wouldn't be going to the movies, right?
All the actors were excellent. I'm once again reiterating the fact that Liam Neeson is the all time king of Bad-Ass. He has not played a non-awesome role in at least a decade, with Qui-Gon Jinn (The Phantom Menace) as his weakest role. And the only reason that role is weak is because of that stupid Jar-Jar, and the fact that Qui-Gon didn't lightsaber his sorry butt when they first met! For me, the movie was made by Murdock. I'd always associated most with him anyway, and the actor they cast (Sharlto Copley) did a fantastic job. Face and BA were also good, both actors, although in BA's case Rampage Jackson probably wasn't acting all that much, did great jobs. The thing for me is now I can't see anyone else doing these roles, and make no mistake, the movie left plenty of room for sequels!
So suspend your belief in physics, because tanks can fly. Suspend your belief in military tactics, because 4 guys really can defeat 20 in a firefight. Go see the A-Team. You'll love it when that plan comes together.
2 comments:
ok - Jackson loves Transformers and wants to see A-Team but I told Kevin we had to see it first.
I LOVE Liam Neeson - he is the AWESOME-est man alive I think.
I can't wait to see it (even though I was still eating baby food when it was on tv) :o)
As a child of the 80's, and having 5 brothers, I loved watching the A-Team on TV. It's actually one of the movies I want to see this summer.
Post a Comment