I go back to work tomorrow. I can hardly believe it has been 8 weeks. I have mixed emotions about going back. I am ready to get back into my routine, see my friends, be challenged, keep my mind and hands busy and earn some $$$. On the other hand, I will miss being with my girls. The last 2 weeks have been so much fun. I have enjoyed waking up next to Em and then waiting for the thud and footsteps of Peaches coming down the stairs. Peaches would sneak into my room and peek into the bassinet to see if Em was awake. When I wasn't looking Peaches would wake her up. That little rascal.
I have tried to make the last 2 weeks fun for Peaches. We went to the movies, Cayce Museum, EdVenture, swimming and swimming again, skating, bowling, shopping, out for ice cream and out to lunch with John. John has taken off a lot the past 2 weeks so he can be with us on our adventures.
Peaches will go to Rhythmics tomorrow and Em will be at Rebekah's house. I am excited and sad at the same time. I am sad that they will be separated but I know that Peaches needs to be around kids her own age and room to run. She will also be able to reconnect with some friends from school.
I'm not ready for the alarm to go off early in the morning after I have been able to sleep in for soooo long. Thank goodness Em only gets up once during the night and then is quick to go back to sleep after she eats. This will be a very LONG week for me so pray for me that I adjust well and my girls will do just fine. I will post in about a week & let you know how things are going. Till then.....goodnight.
2 comments:
good luck Laura - I've been thinking about you this week about how hard it will be to go back to work
Good Luck! I hope the transition goes smoothly.
Post a Comment