Sunday, June 21, 2009

Spinybacked Orbweaver Spider

This is the newest addition to our family. We have named her Charlotte. She is amazing. We watched her spin her web, grabbing the lines and connecting it with her feet with such grace and speed. She is living outside our dining room window and we have been watching her progress. Peaches is so excited that we have a new pet that she runs to the window every 10 minutes to see what Charlotte is doing. We are now waiting for her dinner to arrive. We have never seen a spider like her before. We googled her to make sure she wasn't poisonous and to learn more about her. She is a Spinybacked Orbweaver Spider.

2 comments:

Mikelene said...

Oh man. Just looking at that picture sends shivers down my spine. I am NOT a fan of spiders. I do appreciate that they eat some of the bugs. Are you sure that's not some tiny alien life form?

So sad that we're not in the same ward anymore. Michael actually did well today in Nursery. I think it helped that Jacob's mom (Morgan) was in there. A familiar face.

Coordination Queen said...

I think it is funny Peaches is so excited about it. If my kids saw that, they would freak out. And then Aiden would take a shoe and smash it (those are his words).