Sunday, November 6, 2011

Routine Screening

So I had my health screening done at work last week. I had an EKG, blood pressure and ultrasound done on the arteries in my neck. I then had a consultation with cardiologist, Dr. Butterfield.

In my consultation, Dr. Butterfield said this to me:

"The good news is that you have the lowest blood pressure of the day".
"The bad news is that you have the most abnormal EKG of the day".
He strongly recommended that I get an ultrasound done this week!

With my family history of high cholesterol and heart disease I thought I better fax my results to my doctor immediately (thanks to my father for passing down his genes to me-my father had his first heart attack at age 50 and is now disabled due to his heart disease).

Well, I have since made an appt to have more tests done. My primary care doctor called on Friday and said that my EKG did look abnormal and that instead of an ultrasound, I needed to have an echo-cardiogram done first.
Little scary!
I'll keep ya'll posted on the results.

No comments: