Saturday, July 2, 2011

Into July!

I decided I would be a Gamecock Fan for about an hour on Friday and go cheer on the CWS Champs. It was hot and the parade was too long but the wait was worth it. Those guys are amazing. What an adventure they have been on. Do you see the player with the camera on his head? I guess that thing was running the entire time. Congrats Gamecock Baseball Team on your Back to Back win! BTW-I'm still not a fan.
They could have at least led the parade down a different street. Main Street is not suitable for floats or anything with more than 4 wheels for that matter. It was comical trying to watch all the floats go up and over the medians. Several USC players almost bit the guard rail on their bus. I watched and elderly man almost fall off of his float and several beauty queens mess up their tiaras (now that was funny). Still trying to figure out why there was SOOO many beauty queen floats anyway. I, along with 20,000 other people just wanted to see the players.
Yeah Ray Tanner and his coaching staff. You will be around for another season.
Peaches Father's Day note to John. It was very sweet and obviously without John keeping her alive, she wouldn't have been able to write this note.
John's Father's Day cake. My idea of course!
Man, don't I wish I could go skinny dipping in the kiddie pool? I bet our neighbors wouldn't appreciate that too much but I would cool off quick. Is it just wrong that we don't want to spend the $9 on Little Swimmers for 10 minutes of fun?? She's a baby. We can just drain the pool then start again right.
While Peaches was asleep we quietly sneaked outside to have some fun before the thunderstorm came rolling in. Notice how dark it is in the background. We went in before the lightning touched the ground all the way. JK!
My new 4th of July flowers. Actually these will probably be the only flowers that you will ever see inside my house. The 3 for $12 just called my name today at Publix and I couldn't resist.
During my alone time I made red, white and fuchsia colored cupcakes......and listened to some unsolved murder on 20/20. Remind me NOT to buy vanilla frosting ever again. Vanilla frosting was on sale at Bi-Lo that day.......should have known better. And when I have alone time I need to remember NOT to do anything nice for anyone else except myself.
Crashed out after a long, exhausting day of play.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

love your pictures!!! and I would love the skinny dipping in the kiddie pool too