Spring Break for The Roberts started off with a bang. We took a short trip to Camden to eat at a friends restaurant, The Old Armory Steakhouse. It was yummy! We were their star guests for that evening and were treated to a delicious flaming cheese appetizer and the most delicious chocolate mousse cheesecake for dessert (EVER). We even got a big fat discount on the bill plus all the freebies.
Then came Easter and we ate leftover Old Armory Steakhouse for our Easter dinner. It was yummy all over again.
We then left for our big trip to Concord, NC. We stopped off at Ikea on the way to kill some time. Ikea wasn't as impressive as I thought. I didn't even buy anything. I did get some cool ideas and thought about a lot of people on my Christmas list for this year. The girls had a good time looking around and playing on the furniture. John liked the prices on their work/draft tables. I loved the kids furniture and know where to go for Em's big girl bed.
We then headed to Bass Pro Shop. That is such a MAN store (as I yawn). The girls liked playing on the pontoon boats and I think I spent most of my time in the restroom. Enough said.
Last stop.............Great Wolf Lodge.
Let me sum up our trip in two words (see below)
Fun Tastic!
We got an amazing room rate plus an upgrade while we were there (pure coincidence.....I wasn't complaining on purpose). I just happened to meet the general manager who asked how our stay was. WELL! I did pay for a room with a balcony and didn't get one. "NO PROBLEM" said the GM. "By golly.......we will get you one. !"
And they did!
Last stop-The Cheesecake Factory. Again, yummilicious. I had never been and once I tasted their bread, my taste buds were in heaven. And again in heaven when I tasted their soup.....ok, then their salad. The vinaigrette dressing was to die for. I then bought a slice of chocolate mousse cheesecake to take home. Who goes to TCF and doesn't get a slice of cheesecake?
I am also not embarrased to say that I ate almost the entire slice by myself. I woke up thinking about that slice and just couldn't wait for breakfast......then lunch.
Sadly, it wasn't as good as The Old Armory Cheesecake but that didn't stop me from eating and enjoying it (again and again).
Anyway, I loved my vacation and am so ready to do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment