On Monday I ended up back in the midwife's office because I STILL have not healed from the delivery. They ended up burning the areas that were open and now INFECTED so they would heal quicker. They used silver nitrate again to seal them shut so they would heal from the inside out. I am now on 2000 mg of antibiotics (this med is typically prescribed to burn victims so it is pretty powerful, I take it 4x a day). They want to kill the infection as quick as they can because of where it is located. I also have to treat the infection with peroxide about 10-15 times a day. I am still on 800 mg Motrin and my narcotic but I try not to take it that often.
The procedure was incredibly painful. I am grateful that John went with me because I don't think I could have done it by myself.
If this procedure doesn't work then I will have to go back in and be restitched!
Update: As of this morning I don't feel any better. I feel like I did before I had the procedure done. I am very scared that the silver nitrate didn't work and I will be back in their office at the end of the week for the "other" procedure. John is leaving this week for Myrtle Beach Bike Week so that leaves me and the kids. I am praying that I will start to heal so I don't have to go through anything else. I will keep you posted.
5 comments:
I'm so sorry. I'm here all the time, if you need anything, call me!
I will call you if I need a ride and for someone to come with me to hold my hand. Thanks for offering.
Oh, Laura! I am so sorry you're having to go through all of this. Do you have my cell phone number? I'm going to be on your side of town tomorrow afternoon. Let me know if you need anything. SERIOUSLY. I would love to help out in any way: food, drugs, baby-holding, pick up a video, drop off dry cleaning. ANYthing!
Mikelene
Right now I am just trying to get some sleep so when Em sleeps so do I. I actually just woke up from a nap. You can always come and visit and baby hold!! Thanks for offering to help out. It truly means a lot to me that so many people are willing to step in. I just hope that I can return the favor when needed.
Oh, Laura, I had no idea you were having this problem!! I am so sorry! That sounds really bad. I wish I were closer to give you a hand. Please let that be the end of it and a good QUICK healing be right around the corner.
Mandy
Post a Comment